Make Food Matter
Make Food Matter is an online resource toolkit created to support the Food Action Research Centre (FoodARC) partners in building community food security across Nova Scotia and by moving research to action.
In the fall of 2014, I was approached by the Food Action Research Centre to design and build an online tool that would allow users to create accounts, build a personalized portfolio of tools from four action streams and rate the tools. This online toolkit was also designed to include information, evidence and resources about the research strategy and findings.
December 2014 - May 2016
FoodARC, Mount Saint Vincent University
Design and development of online resource tool and InDesign templates
- VISIT LIVE SITE
- Web Design & Development
- Template customization HTML & CSS
- CMS Integration
- Web Analysis, SEO
- Print Template Design and Production
- Project Management
- Training & Documentation
Implementation and Process
- A prototype of the website design and layout was created based on the client brief and inline with the brand guidelines.
- WordPress was introduced and a modern and responsive base theme was configured and customized.
- Search engine optimization and web analytic integration was included for increased audience reach, dissemination and monitoring.
- Social share features, content sliders, and interactive elements were also implemented to engage the target audience.
- InDesign templates for resource documents were designed and constructed.
- Training for staff including documentation on the website maintenance was provided.