Kungatsiajuk is a research study on the oral health of children living in south-eastern Labrador conducted by researchers at Dalhousie University and associates of the Atlantic Health Promotion Research Centre (AHPRC).
While working full-time for AHPRC, I was tasked with the design and development of the online knowledge translation tool and fact sheet for the oral health research project. The website was designed to reach a youth audience in south-eastern Labrador and a wider academic community.
April 2012 - April 2013
AHPRC, Dalhousie University
Halifax, NS & Labrador, NL
Knowledge translation tool for oral health research project
- VISIT LIVE SITE
- Web Design & Development
- Template customization HTML & CSS
- CMS Implementation
- Web Analysis, SEO
- Project Management
- Training & Documentation
Implementation and Process
- A contemporary, responsive theme was introduced to reach a target audience that predominantly accesses the internet via mobile devices.
- WordPress was implemented to allow contributors with various skill levels to maintain the website with ease.
- An interactive Google map was included to engage and inform users on the location and activities of the study.
- Web analytics and search engine optimization (SEO) tools were also installed to provide quantitative insights into the users and to measure the uptake of the research findings.
- On-site training was given to staff and students. Hosting and technical support was provided.
A fact sheet was designed and produced to direct interested parties to the online KT tool for more in-depth information. The fact sheet was designed to be easily maintained by administrative staff.